Reporting directly to the Warehouse Supervisor/Manager, the warehouse assistant will be responsible for the receiving, checking and releasing of stock from customs to delivery of stock into retail stores.
Role and responsibilities
• Loading and unloading goods from delivery vans or lorries;
• Checking that the correct quantity and type of goods have been received;
• Checking all consignments for damages, shortages, correct product details and scanning errors and report and shortages or other problems to the Warehouse Supervisor;
• Labelling goods
• Maintaining all records and reports related to stock receipts, stock movement / transfers and stock consolidation;
• picking goods that have been ordered
• moving and stacking goods ready for delivery
• Carry out periodic stock takes;
• compliance with security procedures and health & safety
• maintaining the warehouse in a tidy state and clearing away packing material and debris
• Reporting on stock levels, stock ageing and stock shortages.
• Strong numerical skills
• Good knowledge of retail operations, including reporting, stock-handling and stock takes
• Knowledge of Supply Chain procedures
• Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Professional and highly motivated
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Honesty and integrity
• A proactive, hands-on and flexible approach
If you are interested kindly submit your CV together with a letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org using subject header WHASSIST by not later than Sunday 25th September 2022. Feel free to contact our HR team should you have any questions about the position or the process.
|Job Category||Stock Control|